Re: [LUG] Lug meet Saturday

On 17/04/2020 13:30, maceion@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Open Jitsi meet.
Go to the 3 dots (menu symbol) on bottom right  hand side.
select "settings"
A pop up should appear where you give it permissions for Devices, Camera
and Microphone.

All it shows is that permission is not granted. There is a small arrow head symbol alongside each message as though it is ready to list some options. However, clicking on that does nothing. By the way it does not mention devices.

When you initially start, a URL, the jitsi should give a small warning
asking for permission to use camera and microphone.
This normally pops up when I open a jitsi Meet room.

 There is no sign of that.

Have  you got pop-ups banned in your browser settings?
I use both Firefox as browser and also used Google Chromium.

No I have not got pop-ups banned in my browser.

On firefox you get a tab in tab list saying with name
Tabs Sharing-Devices
clicking on this says
     " Meet.jit.si (camera and microphone)"  which is the Firefox
confirmation that you are sharing microphone and camera.

I don't use FF or Chromium.

Neil