Re: [LUG] Use Jitsi for video conferencing was Re: Skype

On 26/03/2020 13:20, Michael Everitt wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Michael. But now I am getting more worried than
ever about the future of FOSS. You are telling me that the whole
philosophy is changing, for the worse. And we are going to finish with
the old "take it or leave it" system. My only hope is that some of the
smaller groups, like Palemoon, will be able to carry on and give us some
choice.

And yes, I did look up CADT. Hope is fading,

Neil

I think it's potentially one of the consequences of Linux quietly going
corporate .. and well .. that and teenagers in bedrooms ..

How's the DoJo going - what's your experiences of the
next-generation-to-come .. it's those we probably ought to influence and
win-over! :/

MJE

Tom and I have not done any DoJo recently. Lack of interest among the young?? Or perhaps they think they know it all already? Somehow, I am more inclined to help out the older ones among us. Help them to get to grips with computing, and using Linux to save them some money.

Need to get past this covid-19 first though,

Neil