Re: [LUG] Satnavs

On 3 April 2014 20:03, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I was navigating in the Highlands with 20m visibility in the snow GPS had not been launched.  Knowing how to do it with map and compass is not to be disregarded.

I do actually know how to map read, and use a compass - and I had both on that occasion, was well prepared and at no time was I in serious trouble, but you have to be a particular kind of masochist to deliberately avoid a better way of navigating if it's available to you.

Can't remember the last time I wrote a formal letter with an inky stick and some pulped tree, come to that.