Re: [LUG] Debian 7 and wifi

On 19 June 2013 17:47, bad apple <mr.meowski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Server/workstation land is a totally different matter, but for home
machines and laptops, just save yourself the effort and buy whatever you
like, windows pre-installed or not.

Generally, yes, I'd agree with that. But the exception being Zoostorm who are still doing os-free and cheap. (And fairly low quality, but hey, it is really cheap)

Eg: 2.6GHz 4GB RAM + 320GB HDD desktop for £160. I can't buy that, os or no. Also os-free laptops, 2.4GHz - 8GB RAM + 500GB HDD for £264. Yes, cheaper ones on ebuyer with windows, but not with that spec.  I've also had cause to test their warrantee/rma and found it adequate.