Re: [LUG] Debian 7 and wifi

On 15/06/13 18:05, bad apple wrote:
On 15/06/13 17:53, Neil Winchurst wrote:
Many thanks, in future I will always look for the netinst method. When
I first looked at the Debian site I was a bit overwhelmed. So many
choices.

To be fair, whilst it is perfectly functional, the Debian site *is*
pretty confusing - in predictable fashion, they don't seem to care for
fancy Web 2.0 style stuff. I always find subsections of the Debian site
by googling for the link and jumping straight to it rather than going to
debian.org and then try to navigate to the right place.

Cheers

Just had a go at an install. Got as far as it wanting details for the wan, carefully gave it the SSID, and the password for the WPA2 security and it couldn't find it. It actually asked for the ESSID, is that the same?

Neil