Re: [LUG] Debian 7 and wifi

On 15/06/13 18:19, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Just had a go at an install. Got as far as it wanting details for the
> wan, carefully gave it the SSID, and the password for the WPA2
> security and it couldn't find it. It actually asked for the ESSID, is
> that the same?
>
> Neil

For all practical purposes, they are the same thing (technically however
they are definitely NOT the same). You haven't got some kind of funky
wifi setup there have you: like multiple access points or wifi repeaters
or something?

Because it really should Just Work (tm) straight out of the box.

You really seem to have a knack for finding these little corner cases
where stuff doesn't quite work as expected: I should really hire you as
a bug tester, you're a natural :]

Cheers