Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 15:18:05 +0100
Kevin Peat <k@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Kevin,

>The card companies don't really care about fraud because they get the
>merchants to pay for it through rip-off transaction and terminal fees

Which they charge because the law says we have the right to our money
back.  Someone, somewhere has to pay.  The card issuers take the
position that the business was at fault.

I don't say that's right, just the way it is.

>and chargebacks and the police don't have the mindset or the manpower to
>investigate this kind of crime.

I'm so glad you added "manpower" to that statement.

--
 Regards  _
Junk floats on polluted water