Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:01:25 +0100
Simon Avery <digdilem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

>I'm quite convinced card fraud is massively under-reported so as not to
>undermine consumer confidence.

You're absolutely right.

>> Whatever happened to cash?   :-)
>Can't stop progress :)

I would still point out that change is necessarily equivalent to
progress.  I suspect you're aware of that, hence the smiley.

>Now, what about Barclay's contactless cards [1] and Smartphone payments?

Frankly, the dumbest idea Barclays have some up with.

>[1] Barclays issued me with one and told me it was my responsibility to
>ensure it wasn't mis-used. They wouldn't supply me with a normal debit

If this contactless technology takes off, it's only a matter of time
before the govt. steps in and brings the holders of such cards the same
protection as standard cards.  That' no help to holders of them in the
mean time, of course.

>card so I closed my account.

And I bet they didn't even care.

--