Re: [LUG] website

Hi All

On 31 Dec 2012, at 13:06, paul sutton wrote:

> It matters in the sense it is our front door as people have suggested we
> need to adapt the website to fit in with how we are now, if its a simple
> who we are, what we do how to join and as i suggested below how to get
> involved with development then we can use it that way.
>
> There does seem to be a consensus on this,  that it can look better to
> be more effective.

May I once again step and suggest a solution:
1. Transfer of the domains to Paul/Gordon or whoever would like to manage them.
2. Transfer the site to a new platform. Wordpress can run forums and email lists.
Whether it runs them well is another issue but I like Paul's thoughts on a Wordpress
site with user access to update content. I would run the forum alongside this.
3. Keep the mailing list separate and run by Alex?

Or

1. New domain
2. Wordpress
3. Plus forum

Promote and run as a new Linux user group in Devon and Cornwall and allow Neil and
any others who want to continue running the old group to run it as they want to run
it.

I'm happy either way. I just know the old website is out of date and needs a huge
revamp. I prefer forum use - this is the only email list of this type that I am on.
---
Kind regards

Richard Brown
Youth Worker