Re: [LUG] website

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012, Kai Hendry wrote:

On 30 December 2012 18:44, Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2012-0220

You found one for ikiwiki and Wordpress don't even keep a complete
list of them ;)
http://codex.wordpress.org/CVEs

I'm seen so many compromised Wordpress installs it's seriously not funny.

Sure. But it also means a new learning curve. Do you want to maintain the
site? I'll email you the FTP password if you do. Just let me know..

git is a nice way to push data too and you get to view changes etc for
free. I encourage you to learn git. :)

I know GIT.

I'm asking YOU, Kai: Do you want to take over the site?

Basically right now, no-one other than Paul wants to maintain it, I offered Paul a wordpress setup because it's easy.

And let's face it - so what if it does get compromised? I run dozens of wordpress sites on my servers - shit happens from time to time, but it's not the end of the world.

SO: WHO WANTS TO RUN THE LUG WEBSITE? (Other than Paul, that is). And if you do want to run it, please stand up and be counted - and then DO something about it.

Or shutup, sit-back and let it happen without whinging about it.

Gordon