Re: [LUG] Xperia Ray and Wifi

On 02/04/12 13:27, Julian Hall wrote:

>> As for Sony and/or Google getting it sorted, I have my doubts. They are
>> very busy with version 4 of Android so I doubt that they will find time
>> for anything to do with Gingerbread, even though a lot of users are
>> having this problem.
>>
>> Thanks for your help with this,
>>
>> sadly
>>
>> Neil
> Damn I'm sorry that hasn't worked.  Best of luck with the ISP!
>
> Julian

I was up in town this morning (Holsworthy). We have a very good computer
shop there and I know the owner, Andy, well. I tried logging on to the
wifi there and it worked!! No problem. And, of course, he did not have
to reset his router.

I could not stay long enough to see if it would eventually drop, but it
seemed fine. Andy suggested that I could try changing the channel on my
router. At the moment it uses channel 6, so I could try channel 11
perhaps. Does that sound like a plan? Or another idea, perhaps my phone
does not like my router, but in that case why would it log on easily as
soon as I reset it?

Or, android version 4.0 is due to be available for my phone later this
month. I could try that I suppose.

I will ring my ISP later today. Still baffled

Neil