Re: [LUG] Xperia Ray and Wifi

 On 02/04/2012 08:27, Neil Winchurst wrote:
On 01/04/12 19:36, Julian Hall wrote:
I am
wondering because I suspect that Sony and/or Google have either not done
something they should have done or done something in error.
That's about the size of it, and the same as happened with my phone,
albeit a Windows phone.  Still an update that screwed up WiFi.
So more news tomorrow, thanks for all the help
No problem, I hope it works for you :)

Julian

Well, it made no difference. Every time I reset the router the phone
links to the wifi perfectly for about half an hour. Then it loses the
signal somehow and we are back to the connect/disconnect scenario.
Obviously I can't keep on resetting the router.

Anyway I have removed that reservation from the router since it does
nothing for me. I think I will ring my broadband provider (fast.co.uk)
today to see if they have any suggestions. Something must happen when I
reset that lasts for about 30 mins and then it all goes wrong. They may
have some ideas.

As for Sony and/or Google getting it sorted, I have my doubts. They are
very busy with version 4 of Android so I doubt that they will find time
for anything to do with Gingerbread, even though a lot of users are
having this problem.

Thanks for your help with this,

sadly

Neil
Damn I'm sorry that hasn't worked.  Best of luck with the ISP!

Julian