Re: [LUG] Xperia Ray and Wifi

On 31/03/12 17:46, Julian Hall wrote:

> Sounds like it was an official update then.. which suggests that if
> there's a problem with it there would be mention on the forums.
>
> Julian

Yes, this new version was an official update and plenty of people are
having the same problem

Last night I reset the router and the phone connected to it no problem.
This morning it started well, and was connected for a while. Then when I
checked it again a little while later we were back in the
connect/disconnect mode again. I do not understand what it is that
resetting the router does that makes it all work for a while. But I
cannot keep resetting it every time I need the internet on the phone.
But since it does connect for a while it must be working somehow.

Since I cannot sort it I seem to have two choices, either use the new
phone as a very expensive replacement for the old one or try to return
it to Amazon and try something else. There is no sign of any further
versions of Gingerbread coming out.

Oh well, if anyone can come up with any ideas I would be grateful,

Thanks

Neil