Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 11.10... ? Search and Replace

Life, love, peace and freedom

Pete (Le M)

On 26/10/11 19:58, Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 04:18:03PM +0100, Peter M Le Mare wrote:

   1) Sorry you to annoy you. I am have forgotten how you make the e-mail
   print at the bottom so I have selected, dragged and dropped. However most
   people complain if I do it this way: I will try to bottom post for this
   list.
In normal business, yes people top post. Although for long emails bottom
posting is much easier.
   2) Thanks for the link. I have studied it and in does give me the
   paragraph symbol and this will be very useful. But I can't find the line
   break which is in webpage texts and e-mails which if you click on the
   'non-printing characters' button shows up as a long base backwards L and
   an arrow pointing backwards which is the same as the symbol on the 'enter'
   key on most keyboards. These special characters in MsWord are easily found
   in a similar window to that under 'Insert' 'special character' but a table
   like this must be somewhere to get all non-printing characters.

I think that is called a hard-break (\n), anyway here are a few more links that
might help resolve the problem
http://www.oooninja.com/2007/12/example-regular-expressions-for-writer.html
http://www.oooninja.com/2007/12/backreferences-in-replacements-new.html
http://readlist.com/lists/openoffice.org/users/0/736.html
http://www.yourinspirationweb.com/en/regular-expressions-what-are-they-and-how-to-begin/
I will try them but \n isn't it nor is \r and I have tried other suggested things.

   Anyway that has solved some of that particular problem. I often find help
   pages are very difficult to go through to find 1) what your looking for
   and 2) they are often written implying a level of knowledge higher than I
   am 30 or they are written badly. So I have to resort to asking specific
   questions to people like yourself.
We all have that problem, well I certainly do.
It is nice to know others find problems. One often gets to feel stupid.

   I may have solved my other problem of not printing all the letters: One
   suggestion was that I change the driver listed and I am not sure yet but I
   have changed it for the not recommended one and so far it seems to be
   working although it still shows the printer language as PDF. I am keeping
   my fingers or something crossed - very unscientifically! and it makes
   typing difficult!