Re: [LUG] Package lists for restore/upgrade

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, tom wrote:

Like I say 6g a month is fine - we have 4 active users here on 2GBps and it

2Mb/sec, I suspect you mean ...

is fine 11 months out of 12 for 14.99 or something. Now if I was to go around
knowingly downloading data I dont want need or use and then start complaining about limits online to all who aren’t listening I might need to upgrade so I can send video's about how hard it is.....

:)

However I suspect most people's idea of 6GB a month is somewhat small these days.... That's barely 4-5 hours of HDTV via iPlayer... (then again, HDTV at 2Mb/sec is marginal unless you're storing it for later playback)

Do you run a local squid?

Its actually been interesting checking what I've installed and haven’t used...

I shudder to think of some of the packages that get pulled in due to some silly dependancy...

Gordon