Re: [LUG] Package lists for restore/upgrade

On 11/10/11 07:56, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011, tom wrote:

I've one machine that will bust my monthly download limits by itself so I thought a bit of housekeeping might be in order.

Are you still on the a 1GB/Month package?

I've just done a Debian update on my workstation:

  65 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
  Need to get 232 MB of archives.

Most of that appears to be openOffice...

Maybe it's time to upgrade your broadband...

Gordon

I'm on 6g per month which is more than adequate most of the year.
Upgrading my broadband is not possible - its technically flat out. I have toyed with the idea of taking the proxy server round a friends so it gets updated but hes only 32bit at the mo and of course its the64 bit with all the junk on board,.
Tom te tom te tom