Re: [LUG] OT ftp problem

On 24/02/11 16:27, Simon Waters wrote:
On 23/02/11 20:15, James Kilty wrote:

Or use a command-line FTP program.

I'd rather use konqueror as it is very straightforward as I can usually
just drag and drop files from one folder to the other and I can see what
I am doing.

Use a command line FTP program to understand what is going on.
OK I'll give it a go but I think I bolloxed it up by using an old password, though there also seems to be something wrong at the server e end anyway - at the moment I cannot even http it. I've asked the administrator for a new username and password to use the protocol ftp://username:password etc

I can understand reluctance to type HTTP requests by hand, but FTP was
designed for command line usage and it is the best way to figure out
what is going wrong.
If I can get additional info from it that would be great.

I will look up the man pages

James

--
James Kilty