Re: [LUG] Linux installations from MS that "stuck"

On 16/09/10 10:33, Dan Dart wrote:

> Didn't Android overtake in Julyish? There were quite a few news
> stories about it.

I believe the stories covered recent sales, where Q2 Android overtook
Blackberries in terms of new sales in the states making it the best
selling smart phone OS. The stories were widely reported with the
press's normal accuracy in quoting statistics.

The people looking at mobile IP traffic recently reported iPhone still
had a significantly larger share of network traffic than Android, but
Android had shrunk the gap enormously in just one quarter.

Amongst my friends I've seen a lot of HTC Android phones arrive in
literally the last two months, so I can quite believe the changes have
been dramatic. Hmm wonder if it is priced into HTC share price fully
seems to have nearly doubled recently, but then so has revenue.