Re: [LUG] Change of distro??

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 16:05 +0100, Juan J. MartÃnez wrote:

> I would add that "sudo -i" provides a login shell, that it's the same
> than "su -".
>
> The difference is mainly in the environment variables used with you run
> "su -" for a login shell and "su root" to just become root preserving
> part of the actual environment.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I wasn't aware of those difference.
Personally I also only use sudo, it seemed a chore in the very beginning
but I quickly got used to it and suppose I prefer it now, less chance of
typing something silly into a terminal I don't notice is root.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides