Re: [LUG] Change of distro??

On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 17:37 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> I'm not sure if long term I'd make the switch to Mint, but I guess I
> want to find something that I feel comfortable with just in case the
> Ubuntu 10.10 release is well, enough to put me off Ubuntu for good (it's
> already started with the changes in Ubuntu 10.04, don't get me wrong I
> like Ubuntu but I'm not so sure about the window controls moving, and
> I'm wondering what else will change based on what appears to be one
> persons vision*)
There have been too many changes for me in both versions I have tried -
Ubuntu and Kubuntu. On top of everything else it seems much slower to
load applications. However, resuming from suspend is VERY quick and
everything including wifi is ready when I have my password in. I will
persevere until I get fed up. But I am intending to use it on all my
mnachines and use the cacher method.

James

--
james kilty