Re: [LUG] Change of distro??

On 15/05/10 22:27, james kilty wrote:
On Sat, 2010-05-15 at 17:37 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

I'm not sure if long term I'd make the switch to Mint, but I guess I
want to find something that I feel comfortable with just in case the
Ubuntu 10.10 release is well, enough to put me off Ubuntu for good (it's
already started with the changes in Ubuntu 10.04, don't get me wrong I
like Ubuntu but I'm not so sure about the window controls moving, and
I'm wondering what else will change based on what appears to be one
persons vision*)
There have been too many changes for me in both versions I have tried -
Ubuntu and Kubuntu. On top of everything else it seems much slower to
load applications. However, resuming from suspend is VERY quick and
everything including wifi is ready when I have my password in. I will
persevere until I get fed up. But I am intending to use it on all my
mnachines and use the cacher method.

James

I found it to be quiet slow when using EXT4, I went back to EXT3 and it seems much quicker, although running disc checks is a tad slow now.

Rob