[LUG] Change of distro??

I have been using Kubuntu for some years now, although I have stayed
with Hardy for the last two years. It is now time for a change/upgrade I
think.

I feel that Kubuntu has lost its way a bit recently. Anyway I am ready
for a change. I have been considering Mint 9 when it comes out. I have
Mint v 7 on my laptop (Xfce version) and I am well impressed.

However, due to some comments on this list I have been looking at
PCLinuxOS, 2010 version which is already available. I have installed
this in VBox (KDE version) and am mostly impressed.

Does anyone on the list have any experience of either/both of these? And
if so, any comments please. I think that either of these would do well
for a Linux convert, for example.

Thanks

Neil