Re: [LUG] devede

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 15:47 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2010 15:23:37 +0100
> Alex Mclennan <alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >           I just installed devede from the package manager (mint 9)
> > but cant find it,as it has not put an icon any where,any clues as to
> > where it is or can anyone recommend software to convert avi to dvd.
>
> The package from Ubuntu does not contain a .desktop file to put
> into /usr/share/applications/, so a menu item will never be created.
> There is a /usr/share/menu file, so it would appear in the standard
> Debian menu but Mint probably drops that.

Odd, I only installed it 3 or 4 days ago on Ubuntu 10.04, it certainly
did make a menu entry under Applications / Sound & Video, and as best I
can recall it was made correctly in Karmic (but I can't recall with
certainty)

I don't have the debian menu package installed. The package simply
called "menu" is the debian menu, correct?

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides