Re: [LUG] OT: Snow was Why don't they learn

Paul Sutton wrote:

I'm living in north west Cumbria (left Plymouth in Dec 2005).

The locals say:
"Snow in unheard of up here. They get snow 2 miles north or 2 miles south of us, but not here. It's too close to the Solway (literally a stone's throw away) so too much salt in the air and the sea water is still relatively warm. "

Well the locals can't believe it because in the early hrs of 5th Jan we had 1/2 " of snow and at 1:00am 6th Jan it's still there with the possibility of even more snow overnight. Perhaps the climate change cusp has been reached and we are all sliding down into another ice age. Or is it just paranoia/guilt induced by the over-indulgences of Xmas (mostly beer)?

Keith