Re: [LUG] OT: Snow was Why don't they learn

No need for an ice-age for us to get snow. The UK is on a similar latitude to Canada and, without the Gulf Stream, would presumably get similar weather.

Grant

-- Sent from my Palm PrÄ

Keith Abraham wrote:

Paul Sutton wrote:

I'm living in north west Cumbria (left Plymouth in Dec 2005).

The locals say:
"Snow in unheard of up here. They get snow 2 miles north or 2 miles
south of us, but not here. It's too close to the Solway (literally a
stone's throw away) so too much salt in the air and the sea water is
still relatively warm. "

Well the locals can't believe it because in the early hrs of 5th Jan we
had 1/2 " of snow and at 1:00am 6th Jan it's still there with the
possibility of even more snow overnight. Perhaps the climate change cusp
has been reached and we are all sliding down into another ice age. Or is
it just paranoia/guilt induced by the over-indulgences of Xmas (mostly
beer)?

Keith