Re: [LUG] Why don't they learn

Dear Lug followers I have followed various sites for some years one of which is a mayor weather site that is forever visited with various malware. to day one of the site tops contributors asked "After several years of using Norton,I have been down to local computer shop to ask about alternative software to stop the malicious.
They suggested Bullguard."
Followed by a number of recommendations of expensive software.
I being in a belligerent mood added the following, fully expecting to be baned from the site, but I tried.

The simple answer is dump Windows
Install any Unix derivative
No Anti virus needed
No firewall needed
Or if you feel it is necessary they are all for free
Ps this site works well on Linux and the folk that propagate viruses YES 3 to 4 percent of you do with out knowing it are the ones the perps just love.. Linux users never worry about viruses malware or any other nasty. Windows user spend time getting rid of them.
The UNIX based system is faster and more secure.
It only needs a slightly steeper learning curve.
As for going to a computer shop! forget it, the software is free.
Only hardware should be purchased at a computer shop.
Trev
PS if any one disputes my 42 years of experience please be so kind as to tell me why I have wasted my life.

If you would like to add to it the site is
http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=34526&posts=10#M506752