Re: [LUG] OT - placebos

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:58:17 -0000, Henry Bremridge
<henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IF however you are ill (eg terminal cancer), and there is nothing that
will improve your health; how much would you pay for a placebo wrapped
up in scientific language? And finally should someone be allowed to sell
you a placebo that might work but has no proven ability to work?
If I had cancer and found out that my doctor was feeding me a placebo I
would beat them to a bloody pulp. I don't care if it's done with the best
of intentions. To use a placebo in place of real treatment is a betrayal of trust.