Re: [LUG] Etiquette was Re: And this is bad news...

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, james kilty wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-06-29 at 11:12 +0100, Martijn Grooten wrote:
>
>> At the same time, at work I regularly have conversations where,
>> halfway through, a colleague is copied in. For their information it is
>> quite useful that the full conversation can be found as a reference at
>> the bottom of the email.
>
> Interesting that my wife and colleagues are regularly asked to clear out
> their mailboxes as the server is clogged up with their huge bank of
> top-posted emails which grow in size each post.

That's an intersting one ... To me, it demonstrates that the IT department
where she works is not doing their job, because their job is to support
the users, who are their customers, and the customer is always right ...

However her IT deparment could probably do a better job of education in
the first place, so large in-boxes and tails of top-posted emails don't
happen.

> James
>
> PS She wants a Linux box now as her computers take an interminable time
> to produce a working screen. She sees my startup in seconds from suspend
> and is quietly envious.

Ecvellent - hope she's in a position of power at her workplace to make it
happen :)

Gordon