Re: [LUG] Books on databases

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:32 AM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Since you are writing to a Linux list I assume you are talking Linux
> here.

Well technically I wasn't: I mostly meant the algorithms behind
databases, not so much the way they are implemented. But I should have
said it was slightly off-topic.

> On the other hand for a dry reference work it has more wry humorous
> comments than most.

Well, as I said, I have a background in maths where dry references are
almost the norm. :-) And from what I have seen of it, I like his sense
of humour; things like calling the various TeX version 3, 3.1, 3.14,
3.141 etc.

Martijn.