[LUG] Etiquette was Re: And this is bad news...

sam tarling wrote:

> True..... *and* I top posted?! :(

Whilst we are having a bash Sam moment ;)

... you didn't trim irrelevant content from the original.

... you used a mail client that didn't cut the signature from the reply.

As if we need to reread the signature inserted into mailing list emails
repeatedly through out an email. Hmm - sniffs the air - GMail, oh and so
did Gordon's reply and he used Pine I think, what are they teaching the
folks who write email clients these days?

Perhaps we should add a check to the mailing list server and reject on
the pattern "^> -- $", or is my e-mail fascist side showing through again?

Anyway you are not alone in these failings, and it does make for a nicer
life if everyone tries there best.

 Simon, who'll probably manage to post this in HTML with no text
equivalent, with the wrong character set encoding, and unnecessary
base64 encoding, as befits all those offering advice over pedantic
niceties.