Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Rob Beard wrote:
> Nah I don't think this would affect it.  I mean terrestrial TV is one
> way, it's sent out and the aerials lock on to the signal and decode it.
> It's not as if there are 60 million connections to a server (or
> servers).  I'd say it's the same for satellite too, the signal is sent
> out and the boxes pickup the signal.

Except that no terrestrial TV is by subscription... at least I can't
think of any.  With digital I would think the service provider has to
keep checking that everyone watching the programme is a valid
subscriber, or not?  Except channels that are Freeview of course, and
there I agree with your points :)  I'd forgotten Freeview.

Kind regards,

Julian