Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Dave wrote:
>> I have now ditched my order for further fancy aerials, amplifiers and
>> splitters.  Mind you, TV anywhere in the house has it's down side.
>>

> The aerial on our house (midway between Taunton and Minehead) has been up
> for at least 22 Years and I get a Digital Signal no problem from Stockland
> Hill so I think these new aerials are just money-spinners (bit like new
> versions of Windows!).
>
> I've got both a built-in Freeview Receiver in the Telly and a very (Argos
> £18.00) cheapo Digibox (so I can watch and record at the same time) and both
> lost BBC1 when we switched over a couple of days ago but a re-tune on both
> have been fine - Strange thing is though since the switch over had the very
> occasional and very minor glitch on BBC1 - Used to have this a fair bit on
> ITV before the switch over but BBC always used to be Rock Solid.

The loss of BBC1 will be down to the fact that they have turned off BBC
2 Analogue and moved the digital mux which BBC 1 is on (and IIRC the
other BBC channels too) to the frequency that BBC 2 Analogue used to
use.  After the complete switchover you'll probably have to re-scan the
box again as I believe they are moving some other frequencies around too.

I have found since the switchover the BBC channels have started to
pixelate and in some cases stop working completely but I'm just putting
this down to the work that is being done at the moment (and possibly a
bit of interference maybe).

Rob