Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Dave wrote:
> Yes when I said minor glitch I meant Pixelate (I just couldn't think of the
> word!!) as well - Haven't had complete loss as yet.
>
> As you say hopefully once the dust settles (although I thought it had for
> us) things might be better.
>
> Regards,
> Dave.
Hi Dave,

Not wishing to put a dampener on things but I've had digital (cable via
ntl/virginmedia) for just under ten years and it pixellates even now
occasionally.  I think there are three  main causes;

a) signal strength - through air digital may be more prone than cable
b) atmospherics - see above
c) bandwidth - not sure which is better on this one, but logically 60
million people pulling the same programme at once would pull more than 2
million, and the signal would get a bit choppy I would suspect due to
data loss.  Not sure what bandwidth (data capacity) is available in 'to
air' TV?

Kind regards,

Julian