Re: [LUG] permissions and potential new user

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 22:42 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> The link from cdrom to cdrom0 is normal.
Thanks.
>   Inability to eject a disk is
> usually because some process is still running, using the drive.  In
> KDE, I get a requester come up telling me which process(es) are using
> the drive.
How do you activate this. There's nothing in the process table I
recognise as connected.
>   Also, a window open displaying the CD's contents stops
> ejecting.
None open. The non-appearance of the cd icon on the desktop is part of
this problem.

In KSystemLog I have
        from config file        Option "Device" "/dev/wacom"

        error   xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/wacom

        information             No such file or directory.

        information     Error opening /dev/wacom : Invalid argument

[...]

Should I now try the suid line you suggested involving wacom?

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk