Re: [LUG] permissions and potential new user

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 11:48 +0100, Mike Martin wrote:

> May be worth making cdrecord suid root - ie: sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/cdrecord

Did this twice. First time I gave my password and it put me staight back
into the command line. I repeated it and it didn't ask for a password.
Does this mean it had acted on the command?

Next step, I put in a cd on to which I had previously successfully
copied a test file (drag and drop in GNOME) and the cd player whirred
and clicked but it never showed up on the desktop, nor does it appear in
storage media in Konqueror. However, in /media/cdrom I see the test
document. I cannot read it. Does it make any difference that cdrom is a
link to cdrom0? I cannot eject the disc either.

Help!

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk