Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> I think we're succeding if we get more people to use more linux and
> free software - if somebody is using my or anybody elses free
> software, whether it's on linux or windows, that's a cool thing.
>
> Ideological purity has it's place, and it's never in the mainstream,
> it's leading by example, without being preachy or fascist.
>
> cheers,
>
> A.

Amen.

You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.  Ranting "tuxshirts"
saying you can't use this or do that is not exactly going to open the
community up.  Especially when the majority of people have no idea about
the issues involved.

A working system with proprietary drivers is far more likely to promote
linux, than a partly working free system.

Advocating the free software ideology, without requiring its enforcement
would seem to me to be far more effective.

I, for one, came to linux because I wanted a secure and flexible system
and only afterwards became interested in the issues of free or open
source software.  But the more I hear the politics of it all the less I
  listen (tbh I am the same way about distro wars)