Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On 26/03/07, Matt Lee <mattl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
> >> If people switch to GNU/Linux, that's a good thing, but if people
> >> switch over to run a bunch of proprietary software, because
> >> people seem to think it's okay, then we're failing.
> >
> > No. *We* are not failing at all. *You* might be.
>
> Sure we are. If you think we should promote proprietary software,
> I think you should do it somewhere else.

Where do you get this idea that everybody (me, ubuntu, anybody who
isn't abiding your 100% Free Software rule) is promoting proprietary
software over open source? If you support somebody using flash and
acrobat on Linux - you're promoting the other 99.9% of the software
they're using which will be free.

> > Nonsense. I'm happy to help - whether it's getting FF working on 'doze
> > or flash 8 on linux.
>
> Then you're a menace to the free software community.

That's funny - the FSF directory links to several of my FL/OSS
projects. I give up my time to write patches and report bugs in free
software.

I've started a mailing list for discussing FL/OSS and open standards
in Liberal Democrat policy and I'm campaigning for FL/OSS and Open
Standard supporting policy within the party - talking to MP's and
other campaigners.

Goodness! if there were more people like me, the community would be doomed!

> I don't want to be associated with you.

Then unsubscribe.

A.

--