Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

Hi All

I just wanted to respond in terms of Neil's post without quoting from it.

Slavery was brought up as an example in an earlier argument. It is
interesting because a film celebrating the work of Wilberforce is just
coming out. Wilberforce was a manage with future vision. He wanted to
change the world now so that those in the future could enjoy freedom.
I wonder what the cost to him was? I should imagine immense! Ridicule,
loss of earnings, friendships, fear of injury and probably death
threats.

Now, it seems to me that we don't have to endure any of these
hardships, but maybe we have to endure the cost of not being able to
watch streaming video on the web and encourage different forms of
codex. I am not sure what the cost is or will be because I am one of
those people that opt out. I just buy Apple or install all the
applications I want in Linux. But maybe I am needing to take a
decision here that the cost will need to be borne.

I don't know where I stand but the arguments here have helped me start
to understand that I cannot remain impassive for much longer.

Thanks Matt and Neil, maybe that is the push I needed.

Rich