Re: [LUG] MSO, OOo and the executable metaphor

Kai Hendry wrote:

Big snip

> Yes of course there are "trust issues". Though there are "trust issues"
> with all technology and it needs to be clearly tackled and not
> unreasonably discredited as being "amateur".

You misinterpret me.

We do this stuff for a living. We're bound by contractual relationships,
 and often by law. We must be able to commit to service levels, and we
charge money for doing what we do. To this extent we are not amateur.

There is nothing wrong with amateur. It's your data and you perform your
own risk analysis on it. That's Cool.

As an individual, too, you might choose to use (say) Skype for
communications. It's a perfectly good platform for amateur operations.
But you wouldn't (I hope) try to sell it to a 200 seat call centre and
offer to be responsible for guaranteeing a service level?

Not all solutions fit all markets.

jd

--
John Daragon                                       argv[0] limited
Lambs Lawn Cottage,   Staple Fitzpaine,   Taunton,   TA3 5SL,   UK