Re: [LUG] MSO, OOo and the executable metaphor

On 2006-07-12T07:17+0100 John Daragon wrote:
> > With Web based tools I think a user is more aware of their "data". It's
> > not just something that sits in their 'My Documents' for some trojan to
> > trash. It's also probably going to be much safer on a 'Gdisk'.
> I'm not worried about data integrity. My (and my customers') documents
> are about as secure in that regard as its possible for data to be. What
> I *am* worried about is data security. Our documents on someone else's
> disks ? I refer you to the amateur statement above.

It isn't amateur and this is a stumbling block people need to get over
in order to embrace Web/network applications.

Just because your documents sit on your disk doesn't mean they're secure
from prying eyes. Your computer has network access doesn't it?

Do you send emails with documents attached?

Most people currently invest their trust to Microsoft. People might want
to take the leap and start trusting other companies too and reap the
rewards.