Re: [LUG] Grub Problem

On 16/08/2020 14:49, comrade meowski wrote:
On 16/08/2020 12:30, Sebastian wrote:
Hmm. This confuses me. Clearly you have done everything correctly
regarding BIOS boot order, but that you would get the same error
message is most puzzling. Perhaps someone on this list can explain - if
the old Live USB worked originally, why should it be affected by GRUB
problems on the internal hard drive?

https://eclypsium.com/2020/07/29/theres-a-hole-in-the-boot/

Secure boot certificate revocation basically. The initial Grub issue being patched was a security vulnerability after all that effectively compromised secure boot so this wasn't just a minor update to the package.

And then the package also failed to upgrade itself on disk remember, leaving effectively two problems.

Neil has a real talent for accidentally getting into trouble :]

That seems a bit unkind. Other people on the list also get problems. I don't think I am any worse than the anybody else. But you have helped me a lot, just as you have helped many others,

Neil