Re: [LUG] Laptop to TV

On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 21:28:07 +0100
Michael Everitt <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>Of all the ML I subscribe to, this is the ONLY one that does header
>mangling ..

I'm subbed to over one hundred MLs, and this is far from the only one
that manages the headers.  There is more than one way to handle it, of
course.

>All others seem to work pretty flawlessly, and suffer from minimal, if

As does this one, once I set up CM (my MUA of choice) to work with it.
Same as I had to for all the others.  Of course, there will always be

>any, spam or other unpredictable dropping of messages ..

Because it's inevitable, even without DKIM mitigation.  There are
simply too many things (servers, content providers, goodness knows what
else) for everything to run perfectly 100% of the time.  Things still,
even nowadays, get silently dropped.  Servers break, and again, things
can go amiss.  In fact, this list is probably the least problematic one
I'm on.  No spam at all, for a start.

>So clearly, whilst it may be an obstacle, its possible ..

I never said it wasn't.  However, all the ML software (mailman,
majordomo, etc.) teams had to move pretty fast to put the mitigation
options in place.  Furthermore, all the people/organisations running
lists had to upgrade to software that does the mitigation.  Then those
options had to be set up, and not everyone does it the same way.  Some
even cocked it up completely.  Thankfully, that was not the case here.

--
 Regards  _
Success defined by acquisition stinks