Re: [LUG] Laptop to TV

On 10/07/2020 11:17, Giles Coochey wrote:

On 10/07/2020 10:40, David Bell wrote:
On Fri, 10 Jul 2020 09:54:24 +0100
Terence Hill via list <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry about that. I think I’ll probably call it a day here as I think
I’ve caused a meltdown a few times now. Sorry to be the cause of such
hassle.  I’ll sort out leaving the group.
Don't do that. "We lives an' learns."

82 years old and still learning!

David

Yes, sometimes it is easy to mis-interpret the intended "tone" of an email, you may read it as someone melting down, but it probably wasn't written in that way.

My thunderbird has a "Reply List" button, what I think would be a nice feature (perhaps it already exists?), would be to bottom post when replying to list, and top posting when replying to a single person.

And even better, it appears that the Reply-List only appears when there is a mailing list header in the email being replied to, probably the "List-Post" header in the email.

Anyone care to write an RFC to define a "List-Composition-Preference:" header? That way you could configure mailman to tell the email client what is the preferred top-posting / bottom-posting for each particular mailing list?

Perhaps it already exists, but it would have saved tonnes of bandwidth over the years with polite "don't top-post" requests.

--
Giles Coochey