Re: [LUG] OT - Connecting Devon and Somerset

On 24/07/18 13:55, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:34:22 +0100
Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Giles,

transmitter from where your antenna is). Speeds are reduced to the
point of in-operability without line of sight (latency also goes up
That's likely an issue where I am.  Even with a 50ft mast, I doubt we
could achieve LoS as the xceiver site is 'over the hill and far away'.
Would be rather unstable too, without tethering.

without line of sight). It's also TDD, which means that if you have 10
customers within the same 10 radial degrees of the transmitter then
they have to
Less of a problem;  a largely elderly, conservative (technologically
speaking), rural, population likely means a fairly low take up.  That
said, there seems to have been enough interest for Airband to consider
the area.

There is public money being put into this. And I may have line of sight to the aerial. There is  map of locations somewhere on their site which suggests I'd be sharing with about 8 other properties. If they're putting in 1G to the aerial I'll ask if I can just have a fibre connection and lay the bugger myself!

Tom te tom te tom