Re: [LUG] OT - Connecting Devon and Somerset

On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:34:22 +0100
Giles Coochey <giles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Giles,

>transmitter from where your antenna is). Speeds are reduced to the
>point of in-operability without line of sight (latency also goes up

That's likely an issue where I am.  Even with a 50ft mast, I doubt we
could achieve LoS as the xceiver site is 'over the hill and far away'.
Would be rather unstable too, without tethering.

>without line of sight). It's also TDD, which means that if you have 10
>customers within the same 10 radial degrees of the transmitter then
>they have to

Less of a problem;  a largely elderly, conservative (technologically
speaking), rural, population likely means a fairly low take up.  That
said, there seems to have been enough interest for Airband to consider
the area.

--
 Regards  _
Who's a sucker now?