Re: [LUG] CMOS or else

On 17/04/17 19:00, mr meowski wrote:

Nonetheless, I will not be beaten by this. If necessary I will even
start playing  about with jumpers and internal switches. Beaten by a
ruddy computer,no way!!

That's the spirit - think you've earned yourself a break for now and best
of all, the PC is still at least back exactly where you started so
whilst you haven't exactly gained anything tangible, you also don't have
a big fat expensive paperweight sat in your study taunting you. Trust
me, that can pass as a win by itself in these situations.

When you're ready to level the score come back and we'll go for round
two with the UEFI reset.

Cheers

Well, visitors have come and gone. All is quiet once more. Now I must have another go at clearing the cmos on my desktop computer. As I have already said, when I tried before nothing happened. So perhaps I did not press the button hard enough. It is not easy for me to get at even though it is at the top of the tower.

First I will have another look at the documentation for the ASRock motherboard. Let's see if I understand it better this time!!

Neil