Re: [LUG] CMOS or else

On 17/04/17 18:19, Neil via list wrote:

> Yes, as usual the keyboard is ignored and it finishes up at the usual
> login.

Hmm. CMOS reset definitely didn't 'take' then. Weird, but hardly
unprecedented. Looks like it's 1:0 to the PC so far :|

> Actually I did know that already. And you can add my bad words to the list.

It's going to be quite a list I suspect. Isn't it lucky for us that all
these giant corporations are conspiring to keep us consumers safe from
ourselves?

> I should perhaps mention that tomorrow we are being invaded by three
> grandchildren, staying until Friday. So I shall be a bit limited till
> then, especially as my study upstairs is now  back to being a bedroom
> for these few days.
>
> Nonetheless, I will not be beaten by this. If necessary I will even
> start playing  about with jumpers and internal switches. Beaten by a
> ruddy computer,no way!!

That's the spirit - think you've earnt yourself a break for now and best
of all, the PC is still at least back exactly where you started so
whilst you haven't exactly gained anything tangible, you also don't have
a big fat expensive paperweight sat in your study taunting you. Trust
me, that can pass as a win by itself in these situations.

When you're ready to level the score come back and we'll go for round
two with the UEFI reset.

Cheers