Re: [LUG] Holsworthy Meeting

On 16/04/17 18:50, mr meowski via list wrote:
> On 16/04/17 18:38, Neil via list wrote:
>
>> Ok, Ok. I will reset the CMOS tomorrow [1]. I do have my laptop as a
>> fall back machine, so no excuse really. I will let you know how I get on.
>>
>> Neil
>>
>> [1] Why not now? Because it is nearly 7 pm Sunday evening and I want
>> plenty of time to sort it out.
>
> Good on you - best of luck!
>
> Hopefully my "-1 bully" mod will get changed to "+1, eventually helpful"
> tomorrow when you finally pull the trigger on this and have a working
> BIOS again. And then you can actually get back to your original plan,
> which I believe was replacing your currently installed distro with
> another one which was how all this got started wasn't it? Just think how
> pleased with yourself you're going to be after you've "won" your first
> punch-up with computer hardware* and are gleefully tampering with every
> BIOS/UEFI setting in sight.
>
> Obviously, if you run into issues post here straight away. If things do
> somehow get seriously screwed up I will feel at least partially
> responsible and will come to your house and fix it my damn self.
>
> Cheers
>
> * technically this is firmware not hardware, but whatever Â\_(ã)_/Â

Maybe we could also document these issues on the blog,  the more case
evidence we can provide to say that UEFI is causing problems, then it
probbaly helps people like the fsf, fsfe, et al.

not sure,  but a write up on the site will also help others.

Paul

--
http://www.zleap.net
diaspora : zleap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx