Re: [LUG] CMOS or else

On 17/04/17 16:23, mr meowski wrote:
On 17/04/17 15:35, Neil via list wrote:

Correction to my last message. Now I am back to my normal login. Perhaps
I did not press the CMOS button hard enough or for long enough.

Ah ha! Ignore my replies then - you're right, emails are taking longer
than normal to filter through. Patience in all things I guess.

I was going to suggest just doing it again - CMOS resets do often
require a second or third go to "take" for some reason.

Excellent. Log in and out, perhaps a couple of times, and reboot the
thing a couple of times as well, just to make sure we now have a working
initialization chain. Good news: looks like your defaulted UEFI *was*
smart enough to recognise your old school BIOS-style Linux SSD and boot
from it after all. That will save a big fat ton of effort.

The next thing to do is of course reboot and batter the function keys to
ensure this has all been worth it: according to the manual, either F2 or
Del should drop you into UEFI setup now.

F8 should bring up a one time boot options menu.

Nearly there now.

Cheers

Well, I have had two more goes. And finished up back at my usual log in screen again. Either I haven't got the hang of this button or it is not working. I think I will have to leave it for the moment while I take time to think about this. I have noticed that the button does not seem to move when I press it. Being ancient and not very agile I do not find it easy to get at anyway.

Thanks for all the time and help so far. I will get back to you about it. I do not wish to be beaten by this,

Neil