Re: [LUG] Getting to UEFI

On 01/04/17 19:21, mr meowski wrote:
On 01/04/17 19:05, Neil via list wrote:
My keyboard is a Filco and it cost me Â100 (plus VAT). When I say USB I
mean that the keyboard cable is plugged into one of the USB ports at the
back of the tower. I use wifi for my laptop but not for my desk top.

I also have a cheap keyboard, by which I mean Â9 including VAT. For a
laugh I could try that one.

Will have a go tomorrow to see how it goes.

Wow, that's an impressive keyboard. Apart from my beloved Sun Type 5s
with their weirdo connectors I just use whatever cheap crap I have lying
around. I'm currently on some random Dell thingy that I found in the bin
at some job last decade...

It might seem counter intuitive, but your super nice keyboard may well
be the problem here although at least it's not a wireless one, so that's
something. Unless your motherboard is literally faulty, which is very
unlikely, getting into the BIOS *will* work, you just need to patiently
try all the options one by one. I would grab your cheap Â9 model (that's
my kind of keyboard!) and try that tomorrow, rotating it through your
USB ports until you get a result.

Let us know how you get on.

Bet you weren't expecting this to be such a pain right?

Cheers

Oh, I have been using computers for a long, long time now. I was quite prepared for it to be a pain. I will try the cheapo keyboard today, it now being Sunday.

I have noticed for the first time that besides the F2 key noted for getting into the BIOS, the del key is also listed. So I will try that too.

Thanks